PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Posted on Wednesday, 12 March 2014
We are currently seeking a dependable, detail-oriented, full-time account executive to join our team in San Francisco. The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills with an extra emphasis on organization and detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with national and local media contacts from a wide range of market spaces to secure top tier news coverage, including local and national newspapers, magazines, television stations and online publications.
- Direct all PR efforts across multiple accounts, and effectively manage support teams to ensure client needs, deadlines and directives are being met.
- Write, edit and proofread materials, ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles.
- Track and provide monthly ROI and public relations campaign statistical reporting to executive staff members and to clients.
- Interface with clients on upcoming campaigns to assure the best possible means of production and communication on account objectives.
- Be in tune with client market spaces by researching media trends and key media contacts.
- Integrate, where appropriate, the strategic use of new media — including social media — into client PR strategy.
Education and Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least five years experience in public relations or related field (e.g. journalism or communications).
- A strong background in technology or biotechnology related fields is highly preferred.
- Proven experience working with national and local press and securing stories in top-tier publications.
- Experience in managing multiple projects relating to public relations and communications in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to identify new market opportunities.
- Extensive experience with the latest public relations tools, such as Cision, Vocus and wire services.
- Strong knowledge of new media, such as Twitter, Facebook, blogging and other social media and how they fit in PR strategy.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
Back to Careers