PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Posted on Friday, 13 December 2013
We are currently seeking a dependable, detail-oriented, full-time account executive to join our team. The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills with an extra emphasis on organization and detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with national and local media contacts from a wide range of market spaces to secure top tier news coverage, including local and national newspapers, magazines, television stations and online publications.
- Direct all PR efforts across multiple accounts, and effectively manage support teams to ensure client needs, deadlines and directives are being met.
- Write, edit and proofread materials, ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles.
- Track and provide monthly ROI and public relations campaign statistical reporting to executive staff members and to clients.
- Interface with clients on upcoming campaigns to assure the best possible means of production and communication on account objectives.
- Be in tune with client market spaces by researching media trends and key media contacts.
- Integrate, where appropriate, the strategic use of new media — including social media — into client PR strategy.
Education and Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least five years experience in public relations or related field (e.g. journalism or communications).
- A strong background in technology or biotechnology related fields is highly preferred.
- Proven experience working with national and local press and securing stories in top-tier publications.
- Experience in managing multiple projects relating to public relations and communications in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to identify new market opportunities.
- Extensive experience with the latest public relations tools, such as Cision, Vocus and wire services.
- Strong knowledge of new media, such as Twitter, Facebook, blogging and other social media and how they fit in PR strategy.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
Back to Careers